MADONNARI ARTS FESTIVAL 2022
Italian Street Painting
Little Italy, Baltimore
September 9-11, 2022
PLEASE PRINT AND EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org WITH THE SUBJECT LINE “CALL FOR ENTRY”:
Address ______________________________________________________ City___________________ State & Zip______________ Phone:_______________ Cell: ____________________ Email address:__________________________
__ I will be exhibiting my art for sale and understand that I will be fully responsible for setting up/breaking down display and sales.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION AND FESTIVAL PARTICIPATION:
1. Artists under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian present at the Festival.
2. Artists must submit 3-5 examples of their art (must be a JPEG or JPG with file name formatted as their first and last name_the title of that artwork, example: JaneDoe_Madonna and Child.jpg) in addition to a sketch of their intended mural for the festival (JaneDoe_MuralSketch.jpg) accompanied by a statement explaining their concept and how it reflects the Festival theme which this year is “The Power of Women”.
3. Artwork should be appropriate for all viewing ages.
4. Use only chalk pastels as a medium. Diluted tempera paint may be used as a base. NO other paints, oils, gesso, liquid pastels or fixatives. Water is allowed.
5. Artists must allow organizers and media to photograph the design and/or artist for publicity purposes.
6. Artists will be courteous, friendly and helpful to fellow artists and members of the public.
7. All artist submissions to this call for entry are subject to approval or rejection by the Organizers.
8. Artists will be present on the Festival grounds during Festival hours September 10-12.
9. The undersigned acknowledges and hereby forever discharges, releases and holds harmless the Organizers of the festival from any loss or damage to my person or property while participating in this event. By signing, the applicant certifies that all information provided is true and correct.
Parent/Guardian (if artist is under 18)________________________ Date_______________________________________
Please provide a brief bio for use on the Festival website. The artist’s statement and bio will be displayed next to each participating artist’s chalk drawing at the Festival.